Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Monday, July 23, 2012
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Monday, July 16, 2012
Friday, July 13, 2012
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Monday, July 9, 2012
Sunday, July 8, 2012
Friday, July 6, 2012
Thursday, July 5, 2012
- List of Governor Bill Haslam's appointments to State Boards and Commissions
- Donations & information for the Academy at Opry Mills can be found at syf.simon-ops.com.
- 2012 Live on the Green Lineup
- Middle Tennessee Fly Fishers Inc
- Malware Testing Site from the FBI--To check and clean computers: http://www.dcwg.org
- Consumer Reports ranked the top hospitals in the country. See how your favorite Tennessee hospital ranked. Of all the hospitals in Tennessee ...
--St. Thomas in Nashville had the highest safety score with a 63.
--Cookeville Regional Medical Center wasn't far behind with a 61.
--Maury Regional in Columbia got a 58.
--Baptist Hospital in Nashville picked up a 56.
--Centennial Medical Center in Nashville got a 49.
--Skyline Medical Center in Nashville received a 45.
--And University Medical Center in Lebanon also got a 45.
--Southern Hills Medical Center in South Nashville also received a 45.
--Middle Tennessee Medical Center in Murfreesboro got a 43 for its safety score.
--Summit Medical Center in Hermitage had a 42.
--Jackson-Madison County General Hospital in Jackson picked up a 41.
--Horizon Medical Center in Dickson had a 40.
--Vanderbilt Univ. Medical Center had a 37.
--Williamson Medical Center in Franklin got a 32.
--Sumner Regional Medical Center in Gallatin had a 31.
--And Gateway Medical Center in Clarksville also had a 31.
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Monday, July 2, 2012
Friday, June 29, 2012
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
- Several options are available for community members who will need relief from the anticipated heat: Metro Parks and Recreation
- The Metro Action Commission (MAC) can assist with obtaining air conditioning units if you are a Davidson County resident: 62 years old or older, or disabled, or have a medical issue that requires you to be in a cool environment. Call the Metro Action Commission at 615-862-8860 ext. 701000 or 70120.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Monday, June 25, 2012
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Friday, June 22, 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
- Harpeth River Watershed Association and Hands On Nashville are asking Davidson County residents to participate in a countywide assessment of creeks, streams and rivers to identify debris and other damage remaining from the 2010 flood. People who know where there is trash along the river can call 615-790-9767 to report it or go to www.harpethriver.org/program/hotline.
- NES will contribute $1 to its tree-planting fund for each "like" or "share" the video "Right Tree. Right Place" receives on Facebook during the month of June. To watch and share, go to www.facebook.com/NESpower.
- YWCA- GED Program
- MNPS Event Saturday: Obama Immigration Announcement
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Monday, June 18, 2012
Friday, June 15, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
- TN ZERO: A Crime Task Force designed to bring awareness to current criminal activity in the Rutherford County area via education and intervention.
Monday, June 9, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012
- You can donate Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation to help fight childhood cancer during the non-profit's "Lemonade Days," June 8-10. Visit alexslemonade.org/ for more information and to donate.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Monday, June 4, 2012
Friday, June 1, 2012
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Monday, May 28, 2012
- Relative Caregivers, was created by the Tennessee General Assembly to support children who are not living with their parents
Thursday, May 24, 2012
- Click here for help with prescription drug use
- Click here to learn more about the volunteer group, A Soldier's Child, who sends birthday gifts to military kids whose moms and dads never make it home from war.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
- Visit harvesthandscdc.com/ to learn more about Harvest Hands.
- You can donate to the displaced residents of the Parthenon Towers by calling the Red Cross at 1-800-RED-CROSS, visiting redcross.org or by texting "REDCROSS" (90999) to make a $10 donation from your phone.
Monday, May 21, 2012
- To donate to the Smyrna-LaVergne Assistance Coalition call 615-355-0657
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Friday, May 18, 2012
Thursday, May 17, 2012
- Beanies For Baldies
- Volunteers needed to help sack and sort a pile of sweet potatoes! Saturday May 19th at Hillcrest United Methodist Church, at 5113 Raywood Lane in Nashville. For more information call 615-878-9233 or email email@example.com . For more information about Society of St. Andrew visit our website at http://www.endhunger.org/
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
- Metro Water Services recently implemented a new Customer Information System that features enhanced service options for customers. It's called Web Connect, and it allows customers to view a wide range of account information online.
Monday, May 14, 2012
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Friday, May 11, 2012
Thursday, May 10, 2012
- The Red Cross is offering Babysitter's Training at the following American Red Cross locations:
- Nashville Area Chapter: Saturday, May 19; Saturday, June 16; Saturday, July 21; Saturday, August 18
- Heart of Tennessee Chapter: Saturday, May 12; Saturday, June 9, Saturday, July 14; Saturday, August 11
- Williamson County Chapter: Saturday, May 12; Saturday, June 9; Saturday, July 14; Saturday, August 11
- Clarksville/Montgomery County Chapter : Saturday, June 16; Saturday, July 21
For more information, go to redcross.org/babysitting or call 1-800-RED-CROSS for details and to register for a class.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Monday, May 7, 2012
- The American Stroke Association today kicked off a national hip hop stroke video competition for 10- to 15-year-olds to broaden public awareness about stroke. The free competition at www.strokeassociation.org/hiphopcontest will engage and educate youth on stroke while igniting their creative use of visual arts.
- For this year's Nurses Week, the company decided to say "thank you" in a different way. HCA employees got together to create a music video that show how much they appreciate their colleagues. You can view the video and even download the song on the company's blog: hcatodayblog.com
Sunday, May 6, 2012
- Nashville has its own flyball team called the "Music City Road Dogs." If the sport sounds interesting to you, go to flyballdogs.com
Friday, May 4, 2012
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
- One group of students came all the way from the Okie state to Music City to spend their Spring Break, helping to make some Nashville alleyways a little cleaner, and some neighbors a little happier. Visit AXISyouth.com for more information about the group.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Monday, April 30, 2012
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
P222 Chorus sings Carrie Underwood
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
- The Nashville Emergency Response Viewing Engine (NERVE) includes real-time information about road closures, school closings and locations of emergency shelters, food and water distribution centers and Disaster Assistance Centers. It can be found online at http://maps.nashville.gov/NERVE.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Monday, April 23, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
- Those wishing to donate to the Nancy and Bob Strait Support Trust at the Arvest Bank Tulsa branch can mail a check to 502 S. Main St Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103. Please include on the check's memo line that is for the Straits' account. Also include a note that specifies the donation is for the Nancy Strait and Bob Strait Trust Support.
There is also a Facebook page for the trust fund at: http://www.facebook.com/NancyStraitAndBobStraitTrustSupport.
- Nashville Film Festival
- Erasing Hate :The Movie
- The Dove Awards
- The Inner City Kids Empowerment Program (IKE) in Lebanon--To make a donation you can contribute to their account at Wilson Bank and Trust in Lebanon OR mail a check to P.O. Box 3533, Lebanon, TN, 37088-3533.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
- Get Fit Wilson has developed a website, http://www.GetFitWilson.com, that will be used to promote the record breaking attempt and provide information about healthy living. The site will offer suggestions about how to stay fit, eat properly and where to purchase healthy products locally.
- Tennessee Titans 2012 Schedule
Monday, April 16, 2012
Friday, April 13, 2012
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Monday, April 9, 2012
- Xerox is hiring more than 60 people at its call center in Nashville. Positions include customer service representatives, quality assurance analysts, technical analysts and service center managers. Visit the Xerox website to apply.
- Delray Avenue Park Project- Corrections Industry People Building Playgrounds
- To find out how you can help Walmart fight hunger and vote for Clarksville to receive $1 million in hunger relief visit Walmart.com
- To learn more about the MAC virus and how to remove it visit the CBS News website
Saturday, April 7, 2012
Friday, April 6, 2012
- Bunny Rescue
- If you would like to help Alexis get her mother to the United States to share in her special day, send donations to:
The Alexis Fund
401 Nesbit Ln.
Madison, TN 37115
- For more information about the M-TAC Omega Convention in town this weekend visit their website : MTAC.net
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012
Friday, March 30, 2012
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
- Residents In 10 Counties Can Apply For Disaster Assistance
- The Salvation Army is calling for volunteers to help monitor the Milt Serves computer lab and learning center on a daily basis. If you are interested, please contact Director of Volunteers, Misty Ratcliff, at (615) 416-3175.
- Blackstone Brewing Company has opened its doors to its new brewing and bottling facility. Tours of the facility are being offered every 30 minutes starting a 6 p.m. For details and more information visit Nashville Craft Beer Week
Monday, March 26, 2012
Friday, March 23, 2012
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Monday, March 19, 2012
Saturday, March 17, 2012
- Metro requires that dogs have a current rabies vaccination and be licensed annually. Cats must have a current rabies vaccination and be registered annually. Metro Animal Care and Control will offer Microchip implants for $25. For more information about the rabies vaccination clinics or Microchips, please call 340-8988 or visit the Metro Public Health Department's website.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Monday, March 5, 2012
- Kentucky State Police are collecting items to help victims of the recent tornadoes. All KSP posts will serve as designated drop off sites for items needed in devastated communities. Collection of items will be starting Tuesday and will continue through Sunday, March 10.
List of Items Needed
- Blog: The Adventures of Nick, Stacy and Ethan
Sunday, March 4, 2012
- Overton/Pickett E-911:
To volunteer or make donations to the victims of the tornado in the Hardys Chapel Community can contact the Overton/Pickett E911 Center at 931-403-3638. Any donations of clothing or household items can be dropped off at the Hardys Chapel Community Center. Any food, cleaning supplies or water donations need to be taken to the Overton/ Pickett E911 Center at 255 Industrial Park Dr. Items that are needed are: gloves, baby wipes, tarps, cleaning supplies, large trashbags, totes with lids, rolls of plastic, duct tape and paper towels. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact the center at 931-823-1133 or 931-823-8593.
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Friday, March 2, 2012
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Monday, February 27, 2012
- Audit Finds Large Number of Accounting and Bookkeeping Problems in Smith County Government
- Rabies Safety Tips:
- Keep vaccinations up-to-date for all dogs and cats and consider vaccinating horses against rabies. Consult your veterinarian for details.
- Keep pets confined or under direct supervision so they do not come into contact with wild animals.
- Keep children away from any wild or dead animals, including bats.
- Do not disturb bats. Instead, consult your local health department or animal control agency for assistance in dealing with potential exposure to bats.
- Contact your local health department if you are concerned about any potential rabies exposures to your family or your pets.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
- A middle school in Middle Tennessee did something a little different to celebrate their school's basketball championship. Check out the video on YouTube.com.
- To find out if you qualify for a CT lung cancer screening and to schedule an appointment, please call TriStar MedLine at (615) 342-1919 (800) 242-5662.
- American Heart Association launches free-access online journal
- Memorial Services for Nashville Radio DJ Scooby will be held Monday, February 27, 2012 at Mt. Zion Church at 2261 Murfreesboro Pike at 6:30 p.m. Funeral services will be held in Atlanta, GA at New Mercies Church at 4000 Five Forks Trickum in Liburn, GA 30047 at 11 a.m.
- A memorial fund has been set up for two young brothers, 4-year-old Calvin and 11-year-old Nicholas who died Saturday after their go-cart was struck by a car. To make a donation visit Tri-County Bank in Spencer, Tenn or any of its branches. Donations can also be mailed to P.0 Box 158 Spencer, TN 38585.
- A full list of Dove Awards Nominees
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
- Ten Metro Nashville Public Schools' students will participate in an annual program, "In Performance at the White House: Red, White and Blues," that will include music greats Mick Jagger, B.B. King, Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy, Keb Mo, Gary Clarke Jr., and Trombone Shorty. The event will be held Tuesday, Feb. 21, at 2:30 p.m. CST, in the East Room at the White House. Watch live here.
- Seventeen affordable housing units are still available to qualifying buyers at the newly reopened Fifth and Main condominium building in downtown Nashville. Click Here to read a past NewsChannel5 story on Fifth & Main.
- Project 365: Honoring a Veteran a day for a year
Monday, February 20, 2012
- Nissan continues to fill up to 1,000 job openings that were first reported in 2011. To apply, visit nissan.jobs/.
- Middle Tennessee Medical Center is hosting a nursing career fair on Tuesday, Feb. 21 and seeking registered nurses and licensed practical nurses.
- CONSUMER REPORTS: How to choose the best tire-pressure gauge
- Anyone in Dickson who would like to help the city with their census count can call 615-441-9593.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Friday, February 17, 2012
- 2012 Abduction Defensive Summer Camps by the Murfreesboro Police contact Officer Keith Zahn for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-895-3874
- Sports Com June 4th-June 8th
- Barfield Park June 11th- June 15th
- Boys & Girls Club June 18th- June 22nd
- Sports Com June 25th- June 29th
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
- Bonnaroo has announced their 2012 line-up. Check it out here: http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/
- Nineteen people have been charged by federal prosecutors for "white collar" crimes in Middle Tennessee. Read the full press release here: justice.gov.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Friday, February 10, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
's approved waiver for No Child Left Behind can be found at the Tennessee Department of Ed, ucation's website: www.tn.gov/education.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
- Piedmont Natural Gas
- There is a $17,000 cash reward being offered for information about the bald eagle shootings last year in Bledsoe and, Cumberland Counties. If you have any information about those cases or the one in Dover, please call the TWRA at 1-800-831-1173.
- Learn more , about Project L.U.C.Y., featured in Vicki Yates' School Patrol story. Money collected from the organization go to help the children of Uganda.
- FEMA Debt Waivers
- Recoupment Process
- Recoupment Information
Tuesday, February 7, 20, 12
- Deadline Movie
- To address the front wheel problem on the str, ollers go to support.bumbleride.com to get a free retrofit kit.
- A complete list of restaurants who will donate part of , their proceeds to the families Ahlberg & O'Reilly families who lost family members in a horrific crash last week.
- Show the Love was created by the Heritage Elementary PTO, Heritage Middle School PTA and Independence High School PTSO to benefit the Ahlberg & O'Reilly families. All proceeds from all events will be distributed to these two familie, s. For more information about the events this week, go to http://teacherweb.com/TN/HeritageMiddle/PTA/apt11.aspx.
Monday, February 6, 2012,
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Saturday, February 4, 2012
- State Farm insurance company is looking, to hire several thousand people. State Farm is looking to add 3,000 employe, es and another 900 agents across the country. For information on how to apply, click here.
Friday, February 3, 2012
- Travelers may only transport u, nloaded firearms in a locked, hard-sided container in or as checked baggage. Firearms, ammunition and firearm parts, including firearm frames and receivers, are prohibi, ted from carry-on baggage.
For more information, go to TSA: Traveling with Special Items
In addition to potential criminal charges, passengers who bring firearms to a checkpoint face civil penalties from TSA, .
TSA: ENFORCEMENT SANCTION GUIDANCE POLICY
- Spring Back Recycling is a partnership between Belmont Church's Isaiah 58 Ministry, and the Universi, ty. They're now taking in mattresses. Mattresses can be dropped off M, onday-Friday 8, am-5pm at 54 Paris Ave, Nashville. There is a $10 fee per mattress for recycling breakdown costs. To schedule, a mattress pick-up call Ron Harness at 615-207-2736.
- To cast your vote for the students of Hobgood Elementary in NASA's Optimus Prime project v, isit the NASA site.
- National Egg Salad Recall,
- Common Tax Time Scams list from the IRS
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
- If you're struggling to pay your bills Nashville Electric Service is offering free workshops to help you save. NES Energy Saving Workshops
Monday, January 30, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
- A study found Tennessee ranks no. 7 in the nation in black homicide victimization rates. The study can be found at www.vpc.org.
- If you made $49,000 or less in 2010 you may qualify for tax preparation assistance. Contact the Tennessee Alliance for Financial Independence for details.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
- Plant Hardiness Zone Designation Map
- You can help narrow down the ACM New Artist of the Year nominees from eight to three. Anyone can vote now through Monday, January, 30 at 11 a.m. CT at www.voteacm.com. Nominees include Brantley Gilbert, Hunter Hayes, JT Hodges, David Nail, Jarrod Niemann, Justin Moore, Scotty McCreery, and Thompson Square.
- The National Weather Service in Nashville said their Facebook page is a great resource during severe weather for the deaf & hearing impaired.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
- Tennessee ranks 14th in the nation for business tax climate, according to the Tax Foundation. Get more details or other states' ranking at taxfoundation.org
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Stars Nashville- Prevention, intervention and treatment services addressing bullying, substance abuse, violence and social and emotional barriers to success.
Monday, January 23, 2012
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Mo, nday, January 16, 2012
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
Friday, January 6, 2012
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Wednesday, January 4, 2012